Thursday, January 8, 2009

Things I've Learned in Life.....

A friend from work sent me the cutest email today.  It was about reminding us of appreciating what God has given us.  I loved all of them but there was one that stuck out to me the most.  I've learned....that we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.  I thought about that for a really long time.  If God had given me half the dumb things who knows where I would be right now.  I for sure would have dated some serious horrible guys, probably married one of the horrible guys, a few kids, and the list goes on.  Even thinking back a few years ago I would never have thought that I would be as content with my life that I am now.  God has brought me so far and I couldn't be more thankful.  I have an incredible job, awesome friends, and a great family, who could ask for more?  A few of my other favorites from the email....


I've learned...that just one person saying to me, "You've made my day!" makes my day
I've learned....that everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile
I've learned....that to ignore the facts doesn't change the facts

Those are just a few but I really loved all of them.  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never thought I would hear you say that you are so happy and content without a boyfriend. That makes me so happy to know that you are truly happy. Very proud of you!