Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Another one of those days....

Well AGAIN today was going great just like yesterday and then I got some very traumatic news! I'll get to that later on. I just hope nothing good happens tomorrow....

Well kinda I had a bunch of blood work done this morning and that was NOT fun at all!  I had drink this (pure) sugary drink and then sit in the waiting room for 2 hours!  The first hour went by REALLY slow, mainly because the room finally stopped spinning after that first hour.  Then the second hour wasn't so bad because I brought my Twilight book to read.  
Then I had my final night of the Dale Carnegie class.  For some reason it was very emotional for me.  I know for those of you that know me very well you're thinking...what isn't emotional for you.  But yeah I pretty much bawled through my entire last speak.  It began with our instructor introducing us to do our speak.  I just don't do well when someone says something nice about me. It makes me want to cry....so I did!  I don't know why the compliment thing is so hard for me, but it really hard for me!  So it's over now and I have a diploma to prove it!  It's going to go straight up in my pod at work.  But I have to get a new frame for mine because the one mine came in has goop all over the front of it!
I was so excited!  I got in the car to call Allison and I was going through my messages that I got while I was in class.  Then I saw that I had a text message from one of my best friends, Alissa.  The text said...."today at 5:30pm my momma took her last breathe peacefully in her own bed".  Then I lost it again!  I've been friends with her since kindergarten.  Her mom and my mom would dress up for halloween and go treat or treating with us.  God it breaks my heart!  I think what kills me the most is that Alissa and I are both always too busy and don't make time for each other.  I hate that so bad!  I really am going to put a huge effort into working on that.  I hate that I'm going to have to go my best friends mom funeral.  I had to a go to another best friends mom's funeral a few years ago and it just sucks!  We're way to young for this to be happening to us.  His mom had a bad wreck so it was completely unexpected.  
Steve, my Carnegie instructor read the lyrics to a Switchfood song and I'm going to put them below.  I think that it can mean something to anyone no matter where you're at in your life!

Dare You To Move

welcome to the planet
welcome to existence
everyone's here
everyone's here
everybody's watching you now
everybody waits for you now
what happens next?
what happens next?

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
like today never happened
today never happened before

welcome to the fallout
welcome to resistance
the tension is here
the tension is here
between who you are and who you could be
between how it is and how it should be

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move

maybe redemption has stories to tell
maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
where can you run to escape from yourself
where you gonna go?
where you gonna go?
salvation is here

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
like today never happened
today never happened
today never happened
today never happened before

2 comments:

Mason James said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristine said...

Good post, and I'm sorry for your friend's loss. I have to tell you that right after you finished your presentation, Cliff turned to me and smiled and said "you guys have more in common than you thought..." and it's true. I am an emotional blubbery mess about 70% of my life and I would have been RIGHT in your shoes.