Thursday, January 22, 2009

Honest Strap

So I'm new to this whole blogging thing and I was honored with the honest strap today by Kristine.  Ok and you should really be proud that I was able to make Kristine's name a link!  I really hope it worked after calling myself out like that!  I have to let everyone, especially Jennifer because she's been giving me a hard time for not doing her tag.  The reason  I didn't do hers is because my computer crashed with all my pictures on it.  So I don't have many on this one.  That's why I didn't do hers!  


OK so the rules to this "Honest Strap" are....
1. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. (so I might have a hard time with that because Kristine tagged almost every one's blogs that I read.  I'll try and find a few.)
2. Show the 7 (or however many I can find) winners' names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Strap." 
3. Finally, list at least 10 things about yourself

So here are my 10 things......

1. I HATE CHEWING GUM!!! I know that isn't a surprise to most of you.  I just feel I should let everyone else be aware of this.  I have a serious problem with gum!  I cringe when I see someone pull out a piece of gum to put in their mouth.  When I hear someone popping their gum, or just hearing them chew it, makes my skin crawl.  I don't know when this happened because I haven't always been like this.  Maybe its happened with age.  I can remember when I was little and I was chewing gum my mom would always yell at me about popping it or to keep it in my mouth.  So, PLEASE, all I ask is don't chew gum around me.  It makes me seriously angry and know I don't want to be this way!

2. I try to make every single song that I love somehow relate to me.  It doesn't matter what it's about I can somehow make it about me!  Whether it's "Brown Eyed Girl" (obviously) or "There You Go" by Pink.  I can turn it into my situation.

3. I love to have concerts in my car!  The concerts can only happen when I'm driving at night!  I take those songs and sing my heart! I love driving to Allison's at night and doing this!  It's a bonus if it's nice outside and I can roll the windows down.

4.  As I have gotten older I have gotten more emotional.  A few of us were talking about this at Carnegie the other night.  I remember making so much fun of my mom when I was little when she would cry at the dumbest stuff.  I completely understand now!  Someone singing the National Anthem, a commercial, a birth scene in a movie, it doesn't matter....I cry! I was watching Grey's Anatomy tonight, well not really watching it but it was on.  I didn't even know what the story line was but I caught myself bawling at the end!  Now I know why I don't like watching that show anymore.  I cry at the end of every single episode that I watch!

5. I have a fear of not getting married and having children.  I'm perfectly content where I am but it's still an underlying fear.  I want children more than anything in this world!  I have watched 3 of my best friends give birth to 4 children (total) and I want to experience that!  Don't get me wrong it is SO nice to spoil the crap out of them and then send them home!  But I want to have the feeling of MY baby growing inside of me and having the uncontrollable excitement of meeting that baby for the first time.  Geez, see I'm tearing up now!  Moving on....

6. Children that are neglected makes me very upset!  I wanted to be a social worker for the longest time.  It might still be in the back of my head a little bit but then I think about going back to school and it goes away really fast.  I would save ever child out there if I could!  I would be a foster parent right now if my roomies (my grandparents) would let me.  :)  I should probably wait until I have my own place! Everyone says that they couldn't do it because it would be too hard to let them go.  But you have to think about how you're helping them at that very moment and that you're taking them out of a bad situation.  I would do it in a heartbeat!

7. I have a new addiction to tetris!  Yup, you're probably thinking that's really a dumb "honest" thing to tell you.  But it is becoming a problem!  If I'm not playing it, I'm playing it in my head!  I didn't go to bed last night until 1am because I couldn't stop playing.  I completely blame this new addiction on Allison.  She got her husband Michael a wii for Christmas and they bought tetris for it.  Now you have to understand I have never liked tetris at all!  I started playing  it at her house and I can't stop now!  It is a problem!

8.  I have really really bad road rage!  I do think this one has gotten a little bit better but it's for sure still there!  I yell at just about every car that does something stupid!  

9. I LOVE NAPS!  That's all I can really say about that! I can't sleep at all at night but let me lay down anytime during the day and I'm out!  If I could take a nap everyday I think I would be a much happier person....not that I'm not happy I'm just saying!

10. I over analyze EVERYTHING!  Whether it's how someone texts me back or doesn't text me back.  I working at that one at this very minute!  And it was a sweet text!  I take it back if you're reading this....nah I don't...I really do miss you!!!!  I can make it the absolute worst situation there could be!  

Geez I thought that was going to be harder than it was!  Now it's your turn.......

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Fine.... I forgive you for not doing my "tag" post! I was going to tag you again b/c Kristine tagged me for this same one! Dangit!!!

You crack me up with the tetris... I'm just sayin'!!

Kristine said...

Thanks for doing this!! :)

Anonymous said...

Great job! You pretty much nailed yourself right on the head. You did forget a few things so I thought I would just add them for you. l

11. I am a total clutz! Pretty much everyone that knows me has seen me fall on my face at least once!

12. I am obsessed with the color pink!

13. I will do anything for the people I care about!